Rav Oprah says one of the keys to her success is writing down what she is thankful for at the end of each day. In the talmud, a different Rav suggests that of all the things for which one could be grateful, the simple ability to be grateful is the most important of all.
What are you grateful for this year? How do you express your thanks? How do you give back?
Whether gathering round a table with a tofurkey taking center stage, taking a lovely walk with (or to take a break from) family, or participating in GIVING TUESDAY (please include JQ!), we offer food for thought about this season of giving:
- What would you give to be seen and heard as your true authentic self?
- What you would giveto know that your child has thriving role models to look up to?
- What would you give to ensure that the Jewish future is enriched by proud LGBTQ+ members and leaders?
At JQ International, we are thankful for the opportunity to give to our community by:
- Reaching and impacting the perspective of over 800 teens, rabbinical students, teachers, and lay leaders in ONE SUMMER through our inclusion trainings
- Gathering and creating community and meaningful connection for 1,500 guests through Shabbats, Pride Events, Passover, Hanukkah, and Interfaith Iftars
- Empowering the next generation of diverse Jewish leaders through our fellowships with the Persian Pride Fellows and LGBTQ+ Orthodox Group
We have so much to give, and that is because our community gives to us in return. In this season of giving, we welcome your support so that JQ can continue this cycle of giving and further enrich the Jewish people with blessings of inclusion, celebration, and transformation.
And in case you didn’t know – we are thankful for YOU.
P.S. We are so honored that a generous donor will be matching the first $1,000 that is raised on #GivingTuesday. Please plan to donate any time between now and December 3rd to help us meet and surpass this goal!