When we connect with one another and experience the sensations of celebration, acceptance, and love, we are truly transformed.
At JQ - We are all about connections...
Connection of our core identities. Connection to support and resources. Connection to each other and community. Connection between the Jewish and LGBTQ+ people and our greater world. This happens through our transformative programming and lifesaving support services.
- We connect teens to each other so they can establish a supportive peer community as they grow into the next generation of Jewish leaders.
- We connect parents to one another, as they become allies for their LGBTQ+ kids, advocating for all families to stay together and thrive.
- We connect callers to the JQ Helpline with access to critical resources at crucial moments. Whether it be lifesaving mental health practitioners, spiritual guidance, or supportive synagogues, we seek to increase inclusion for all our LGBTQ+ community members: youth, adults, and families.
- We connect individuals seeking community through identity-enriching programming, including Shebrew and Got Guys? Shabbat dinners, the Transgender Equality Brunch, holiday celebrations, leadership development experiences, and more!
- We connect LGBTQ+ Jews and their allies with a broader religious and spiritual network, including innovative and leading-edge programs such as the Persian Pride Fellowship and our interfaith Iftar-Shabbat.
As the demand for our services increases, we develop and design culture-changing and engaging programming, education, and support services that are transforming lives.
We are proud to be a nimble organization with a talented staff and invested lay leadership, with our fingers on the pulse of the LGBTQ+ and Jewish communities. Our ability to rapidly respond to the ever-changing needs and diverse requests of our partnership organizations and constituents keeps us relevant and very, very busy.
We know this is the time of year when you are thinking about your year-end philanthropic giving. We hope you will give generously to JQ International knowing your contribution is making a measurable and meaningful impact in the Jewish community.
With your support, we can continue to keep the Jewish community connected and engaged with our LGBTQ+ members.
Not sure how much to give? Here are some of the connections we make possible and a suggested donation to support this vital work:
- $18 sponsors an LGBTQ+ or ally teen to participate in our Teen JQSA programming free of charge. Free teen programs are vital to ensuring accessibility and safety for this vulnerable population.
- $36 subsidizes one young adult or college student in need to attend one of our community Shabbat dinners or holiday celebrations - connecting them to peers as they develop their identity in a healthy environment.
- $180 connects members of the JQ Speakers Bureau to enhanced training in the art of advocacy-based storytelling. Sharing our stories changes hearts and minds, and promotes a more embracing and understanding Jewish community.
- $1,800 underwrites an inclusion consultation and series of trainings for a Jewish organization as they seek to shift from tolerant to inclusive, and eventually truly embracing of its LGBTQ+ community members.
- $3,600 enables the JQ Helpline, a lifeline to those in need, to operate for one week.
Please consider making a meaningful contribution of any size to support us before the end of this calendar year. Your donation is tax-deductible, will be used efficiently and effectively, and most importantly:
You will allow us to spark the connections we know change and save lives.
Our deepest appreciation for staying connected to and invested in our work.
We couldn’t do it without you!
Wishing you a happy and holiday season,